Visio Online – Now Available
Posted by Timothy Platt on Jul 15, 2017
Microsoft Visio Online
Microsoft has announced that Visio Online is now available. Visio Online is Microsoft’s web-based diagramming experience, allowing a user to create and edit basic diagrams in their favorite browser. As such, this product is moving Visio into the cloud. Historically available as a desktop only product, the drawback to using Visio has always been difficulty with sharing what you’ve created with others – especially in an editable format. With this release, Microsoft will have an answer to the many “web only” competitors that have cropped up to take advantage of Visio’s shortcomings (this includes LucidChart, Draw.IO, Google Drawings, and Smart Draw Cloud.
NOTE: As of Oct. 1, 2017, Visio Online is now generally available on a per-user basis as Visio Online Plan 1. Additionally, Visio Online Plan 2 includes Visio Online, and access to the desktop version of Visio.
Features of Visio Online
- Available via Office 365 – Visio Online is a per-user, paid option available to a variety of Office 365 subscription models. Stay tuned for further details.
- Anywhere Access – View your Visio diagrams on any device (Windows, Mac, phone, or table), using your favorite web browser. Visio Online will support all the major browsers including: Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 9 or above, and the latest Firefox, Safari, and Chrome browsers.
- High Fidelity – Zoom out to get the big picture, or zoom in to view details in high fidelity.
- Easy Transition -Move seamlessly from Visio Online to the full-featured desktop app for editing—without leaving your document. You will need to license Visio Pro for Office 365, which is what the desktop version is now called.
- Easy Collaboration – Review and comment on diagrams directly from your browser.
How do I get Visio Online?
Visio Online Plan 1 is a per-user, monthly plan. It includes access to Visio Online. Visio Online Plan 2 will include both Visio Online, and the desktop version of Visio. This plan will replace the current desktop software option – Visio Pro for Office 365. Your Office 365 Administrator can add licenses for either product as needed. If you do not add any of the Visio Online products, your Office 365 users will be able to view, but not edit Visio documents online.
The Power and Simplicity of Office 365
For productivity software, we recommend Microsoft’s Office 365. It’s an affordable and powerful way to give your company the collaboration tools and capabilities it needs. Because it’s subscription based it’s easy to stay up to date and get the latest features, and install the software wherever you need it. It ensures people can work how they need to work. And it keeps getting better and better.
Get Help from the Office 365 Experts
If you need help with Office 365, or any other computer support issue, reach out to us. We have extensive experience with cloud technologies.
The Orlando IT Company that Cares About Your Small Business
Virtual Operations is the Orlando IT company that cares about your business. The computer support partner you choose can make all the difference. Our Managed IT Service offering provides the expertise and proactive care required to ensure your technology works for you. We are Orlando’s top small business tech support, and that is the advantage that Virtual Operations provides.